In this webinar, Wilson Sonsini reviews the frequently asked questions in relation to annual meetings and shareholder activism. Few of the questions addressed are as follows:
- Should we hold a virtual annual meeting this year? Can we hold a virtual annual meeting?
- If we hold a virtual annual meeting, how do we allow stockholders to attend and participate?
- What are the steps companies should take if they plan to transition from an in-person meeting to a virtual meeting, both prior to and after filing definitive proxy materials?
- With our stock price depressed, we are worried about activists – how should we prepare for shareholder activism in the current environment?
- What are the types of issues that shareholder activists might be focused on in the near term?
- How will the current environment affect our situation with the shareholder activists who are currently involved with our company?