In this webinar, Wilson Sonsini examines stock repurchase programs in the current environment. Partners Steven Bernard and Michael Nordtvedt cover the frequently asked questions below that have risen.
- With our stock trading lower, can / should we repurchase company shares?
- Should we consider a Rule 10b-18 repurchase program?
- Should we consider an accelerated share repurchase program or tender offer?
- Can we enter into a Rule 10b5-1 plan in connection with a Rule 10b-18 program?
- To what extent are we required to comply with insider trading policy blackouts with respect to our repurchase activity?
- Are there unique fiduciary duty considerations a board should consider in the current environment with respect to blackouts?
- How do we balance the advantages of repurchasing our shares with reduced liquidity at a time when capital raising activities may be limited?
- What public disclosure obligations do we have in connection with stock buybacks?